1.14.2012

My Pongal pot overfloweth

Early morning sun glancing through the covers
Waking up to the fragrance of jasmine flowers
A day when there in no warrant for discipline
Free to do as free as will can be
Climbing up the stairs to the terrace
To fly kites, in the sky, through the colourful maze
Wearing western dresses with much admonished glee
As youngsters fashion does not advocate"langa-angi"
Having a ready snack for the next fifteen days
Sneaking Yellu bella out of the kitchen in umpteen ways
Uttering the word "beer" a thousand times as easily as water
To see what novelty pakkad-mane aunty would barter
Any moment I expected a shout-out for lunch from my mother dearie
"Siri Where is my coffeeee" breaks through my reverie

For the child in us, there is an adult in our spouse to wake us up to reality. But nothing diminishes the joy the festival of Sankranthi brings.
Happy Sankranthi / Pongal to you all.








No comments:

LinkWithin