2.15.2007

Moi the Chef?

Hmmmm....mmmmmmmmmmmm.....huuuh....hmmmmmmmmm
I want to share a few nice simple recipes with my memory and the rest of the world.
Did you go back and read the previous line again? LOL. I mean it, really. Sharing with my memory part. An online journal of recipes types. Of amma's thalik* and mamyar*'s adige*. I hardly remember what goes into all those concoctions conjured up in the kitchen. The first few times I made rasam I had a post-it on the fridge to take me through. Now out of habit I remember how to make rasam. But there are a few more exotic (dont start imagining shaahi paneer here) concoctions like kolamb, nalagri, kootu, morkolamb/majjigehuli etc which one doesn't make on regular days. Hence the need for an online diary which will give me an "informed" choice for lunch :)
I have done a few posts on food itself in the past but the new blog will be dedicated to not just my thoughts on the slurpy delights but also a complete Idiot's(then again who is talking about you?) guide to the cookery universe.
What got me started on this line of thought is the fact that I did not get a "Kolamb" recipe on the net. I googled for it and dint find anything so I though if someone else like me googles for it they should definitely get it at my blog and therefore I started
http://bendekayikarimb.blogspot.com/
Go ahead, take a peek, you'll like it.

PS :- *thalik in tamil = adige in kannada = cooking, mamyar = mother-in-law in tamil


PPS :- Incase anyone is wondering about the title of the food blog,
bendekayi = ladies finger/okra, karimb = curry in tamil
And its my favourite dish! Tastes best when eaten with Hot rice and rasam

7 comments:

Thanai said...

I like it, only I used to get to relish ur food, now the whole world has access to the same. All the best users. Try it at your own risk. User discretion is adviced
;-)

accidental diva said...

hey siri...i am a complete idiot when it comes to cooking..n since i am getting married soon, think ur guide's gonna be very useful for me...will try ur recipes very soon:):):)

Unknown said...

diva, welcome to my world ;). I hope what you make using my guide turns out good *crossing all fingers and toes*. You could also make your requests on my food blog via comments and I will try to post the recipe for you.

Boni said...

Siri, now we have something in common! :-), I read your Rasam mahabharat, and I never thought till then that a recipe could actually crack you up ..ha ha ha..
Your line :

Place the container with the rest of the stuff on a lighted stove. Keep the flame medium

Was so funny yar !!, Great work, and I am going to try out this Rasam soon- well not so soon!. I need to wait for the summer since I want to start from the Rasam powder onwards :-), let the sun come and then i will dry out by corriander leaves and sit down to make Rasam !!

Boni

Anonymous said...

Siriroop,
I enjoyed reading your blogs . I think you have good recipes posted in your recipe blog spot. small comment on making rasam. try it next time and let me know.
boil tomatoes and tamarind together and blend it in mixie and strain it. ass rasm powder and boil this mixtre until the raw smell of tamrind goes away.Now add water and thur dal according to the consistency u like it to be but dont allow this to boil (very important)cook on low flame and season it.

My mom always used to say that rasam should not boil for great taste

Unknown said...

Boni, I am holding my breath while summer sneaks up ;)

Anon : Thanks for sharing your style (or your mom's) of making Rasam. Will surely try it out and let you know. But wonder who you are :)

Unknown said...

Anon, I will also put your comment on my food blog coz it has a context there

LinkWithin