1.20.2006

La di da di dum..

GAAAAAAAAAA I have been bitten by the bug. A virus which not only ties your hands together but also twists your thoughts. I have the dreaded Writer’s Block. Or so I would like to believe. It’s not as if I have a dearth of topics. It’s just that my thoughts are so volatile that no sooner do they reach the transmitting end of my brain from its inner recesses poof! They just vaporize into thin air. Have any of you faced this? You think of something to write on but as soon as you put pen to paper or finger to keyboard words refuse to come out. Your brain fights with itself with a mounting amount of frustration but uh-huh no use. Its inner recesses have closed their consultation window for the day, Dhanyavaad! I have even tried to taunt it by keeping an empty word document in front of my eyes but to no avail.

What I tried next was the classic cure for a writer’s block, ready for any idea:

I kept in front of me a blank sheet of paper, a pen with its cap screwed on the wrong side poised to scribble, a packet of Lay’s chips with its edge ripped open and chips tumbling out at a comfortable angle to the left hand, a bottle of water uncapped ready to quench any sign of thirst.

Cut to one hour later

The sheet of paper was not blank anymore. There were a lot of doodles on it the most prominent being my favourite

The cap of the pen looked like it had been through a sugarcane juice making machine.
The packet of chips was empty and the whole area was strewn with crumbs.
The bottle of water was half empty as if waiting for that final touchdown thirst.
And me….well I was blissfully asleep :)

15 comments:

Known Stranger said...

i love this drwgn i sketch animals in a cartoon way.. and the favorite for me is this posture of elephant and the moneky at the back posture. hey.. thanks a lot buddy for dropping.. hey.. i could read hindi.. but.. i am not good at reading hindi in english.. i would love to know what you meant in english.

Unknown said...

hello known stranger...monkey?! u got to show me this one...
all i said in that comment was "i knw u r not mine but sometimes the thought comes to my heart(mind!)" :)....thanks for dropping by here...

Anonymous said...

Thoongu moonchi

Known Stranger said...

ya.. i will show you.. but am not good at paint software. i need to draw it in paper need to scan and send you by mail. is that fine.. ?
the one love to do are
elephants,
monkey
crocodile
giraffe
rat
pigeon
parrot
and the most favorite is the elephant god in various posture. i love sketching pilliyar.. i love it.. and then krishna in a cartoonic way..

oflate ia m jsut wondering why i stopped it.

Unknown said...

wowie! even i am not so good with paint but i can manage a bit with clean line drawings like this e'phant of mine...
you should put a few on ur blog...or send it to me by mail...no probs..
and dont stop....u just lose touch with a creative corner of ur head :)

Known Stranger said...

haaa.... creative corner of my head... haaa... tell my neice.. she will laugh falling on the ground.. she cant stop it.. she just picked this skill of art from me.. ( heii ehiehei genes they say it genes heieheiei) and she just makes fun of..

I will do something today a one and will send you - let me try to do it.

i forget to say .. i loved sketching the faces in egg shapped oval. i love that alsso.. let me first searc my old sketch book to know what else i did.. frankly.. oflate i stopped or didnt do with consicous ness. i would have donee a lot while waiting for a appointment during my sales call.. but have to be concious that i dont throw those papers and should keep a collection.

Unknown said...

well..? where is the sketch? :)

Known Stranger said...

sorry dear.. was travelling.. for few days in last week. and hey.. me writing songs for movies.. why do you wan the movies to be with utter flop songs. ah aha ha a..

hey.. done the monkey sketch .. where shall i send ?

Unknown said...

have sent u a mail....

Accidental Fame Junkie said...

The elephant butt is damn cute!

Accidental Fame Junkie said...

I went through the blog tiredness or blog ennui as I call it too. Maybe, you should take a break! And then when you do come back, everything's fine!

Neets said...

its happened to me before and it lasted quiet a long time... but i was going thur some tough time back then. so i attribute that to the bad time i was having. i would yearn to write and nothing would come out on paper. there would be this whirl pool of emotions in me, all waiting to express and nothin would come out... it happens... but the clouds will clear and the sun will shine

Known Stranger said...

check your mail. done it in the morning hours of office. they are not my best just in hurry burry i did to send you some.

Known Stranger said...

hei... where you ?

Anonymous said...

Really enjoyed your Blog. I'm going to see if you have more information about commercial bar supply later.

Thanks for the information. Keep it up.

LinkWithin