8.12.2008

Is Cirque de Soleil the best Circus?

Nah! Motherhood is!

My angel arrived with a loud piercing wail 16 days back. So loud was she that she woke me up from the post delivery stupor enough to plant a kiss on her white cheek! And now my circus has officially started. I have no idea how to handle the kid. Every minute brings forth a shout of "Amma" from me instead of the kid. She is a bundle of joy but I did not learn to wrap her correctly. I am the center of her universe was what I believed the kid would think but thanks to my ineptitude that title goes to my mother. My kid only comes to me as a car would go to a petrol pump. She has even discovered that my mother magically appears near the blackish hole in the wall (the door) and keeps looking at it and shrieking, inspite of me being next to her consoling her! Something very funny has happened - despite the umpteen number of articles I read about pregnancy during it, I dont seem to have read a single one about the "afterwards". I wonder why I got so complacent about the most difficult stage in motherhood! I am getting less and less time for any activity apart from the aforesaid "petrol pump" thingy. I should have used my pregnancy more effectively than to take a pregnant pause from writing. But as we all know, after thoughts are always more ideal than reality. I will try to post here albeit a little less frequently. (Who am I kidding? Am not among the 5000 most popular bloggers in the world).

9 comments:

sunshine said...

hello there! Congratulations and the best of luck!

Thanai said...

What a reference Petrol Pump :) got me laughing here. Yeah that is so true we focus on the event rather than the life post the kid right? So true. Valuable lesson to parents to be.

Anand Reddy said...

Congratulations!!! Upload some photos!!

Unknown said...

Thanks Sunshine and Anand. Pics will not be uploaded on my blog for privacy reasons :)
Thanai, as funny as it sounds aint that the truth? ;)

Harish said...

Hi Siri, Congratulations nimage. Was little surprised to see you writing posts even now. Great!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Wishing you and your family all the best :)
Happy times ahead...!

Unknown said...

harish : thanksu. ellarigu vishaya thilisakke blogu
hannah : grt to see u on the public blog. thanks and how are you?

Rajavel said...

Congratulations ! I should have checked a little earlier too !

aparna reddy sarasam said...

hey siriroop,

good to read your blog and find out that you are a mom now! congratulations! what's her name? send me the pics.

aparna

LinkWithin